Jan 6, 2011

Readers Corner

Johnny Got His Gun- Dalton Trumbo  
    My first book recommendation will be "Johnny Got His Gun" by Dalton Trumbo. This book
belongs to a list of a few anti-war books, about a soldier of the Great War (WW I) mortally wounded, laying in a military hospital revealing his life story. For me the core idea of the book is based on the American Civil War, Johnny the hero, which returned home as a cripple. The famous ballad "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" (1863) was the first anti-war protests.  The original ballad "Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye" was tailored to the nice ballad "When Johnny Comes Marching Home".

   This book has been with me since 1972. I read it once in a while, so this morning during rearranging my library I found this book. I began reading and the memories of the Vietnam War set me back to those days. Which the American people had protested many years till that bloodshed bath stopped.
    
   For the readers convenience I set the trailer for the movie based on that novel.
That movie failed Financially but can be found now on DVD format.






   The band Metallica performed one of the first video songs "ONE" in 1989 which uses scenes from the movie "Johnny Got His Gun" and this push again this book to the readers.



   After you either read this book or watch the movie, you are gonna scream
"No More War - No More Bloodshed", so then all your friends will join and the people all over the
world will scream too "No More War - No More Bloodshed".
I believe that the protest of the crowd now moves from the streets to the web. The leaders should be forced stop sending their troops fighting for honor and treasures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment