May 8, 2011

Smoking Gun

  Jeff the Ostrich told me this one, its a true story and it might happened to each of us. six months ago his truck was smashed by a school bus,  and last week he gave his testimony at court.
The attorney of the bus driver starts questioning Jeff about the car accident, he was involved.
"Didn't you say, just a few moments after the accident, to the police officer 'I'm fine,'?" asked the lawyer.
Jeff started to explain "I loaded Silver Arrow my best race horse  on my truck, heading home"
"Don't  feed us with all these details, Just answer the question.", the lawyer interrupted. "
My friend Jeff continued "I just loaded Silver Arrow on my truck, and we were driving down the road...." The lawyer interrupted again and said, "Judge, I am trying to establish the fact that, a couple of minutes after the accident, this man told the policeman, he is just fine. Now six months after the accident he is trying to sue my client. I believe he is a fraud, please tell him to simply answer the question."
   By this time, the Judge was fairly interested in Jeff's answer and said to the lawyer, "I'd like to hear his full version, please stop interrupting him. Jeff thanked the Judge and proceeded. "well, like I was saying, I just loaded Silver Arrow, into the truck and was driving him down the street when this bus driver crossed the junction in red light, and smashed my truck, right in the side. I lost consciousness and as I opened my eyes Silver Arrow's body was laying on my legs, I couldn't move and my poor horse was moaning and groaning. I heard him dieing".
   "After a few minutes the police officer arrived, checking the dieing horse and killed him with one shot" Then the police officer bend over me, with his gun still in his hand, looking at me and said, "How are you feeling?"
"Now, Judge, what would you say?"
Red Light Accidents

No comments:

Post a Comment